Tips for Families and Caregivers During COVID-19
Those who care for older adults can take steps to ensure their needs are met while staying safe and healthy.
- Make a list of medications your loved one is taking and see if you can help them have extra on hand or place an order now if you feel it may take longer than usual to receive them.
- Create daily activities for them. Since most senior day programs are temporarily shutting down, you can create your own activities to do with them at home. Playing Trivia games, doing morning chair exercises, etc.
- Ask your neighbors for help. Right now more than ever people truly understand what it means to come together as a community. They could help you pick up needed supplies for your loved one.
- Hire a caregiver through a local home care referral agency. They can give you extra help while you prepare any
necessary arrangements for you and your family.
- Assisted Living communities offer short term respite stays – typically 2-4 weeks minimums. This can give you peace of mind that your loved one has all the supplies and care that they need during this time.We are here for any family who needs assistance finding Assisted Living or Residential Care Homes for their loved one.
American Senior Home Finders is a Senior Placement and Referral Agency.
We offer placement services FREE to the families.
We can be reached 7 days a week.